Positive News Stories to start your day!
Today is Go For a Ride Day!
Today the focus is on the journey, not the destination. It’s a day for escape, for wandering, and for taking in the scenery. Celebrating all forms of transportation—cars, trucks, planes, trains, scooters, bikes, and everything in between—it’s a day to go for a ride! It appears the date was chosen because of its significance to the transportation industry. The variable-speed (interpole) motor was patented on the date in 1904 by Mathias Pfatischer, and the snowmobile was patented on the date in 1927 by Carl J E Eliason.
Additionally, the Concorde began regular commercial flights on the date in 1977. Although these seem like good reasons for the holiday to take place today, being that it is also the anniversary of the assassination of President Kennedy, who was shot while riding in an open-top car, it seems that a different date would have been better suited for such a holiday. Nonetheless, it is unknown who created Go For a Ride Day, and we shouldn’t let one abhorrent event in history keep us from celebrating the joy of going for a ride.
How to Observe Go For a Ride Day
Celebrate the day by going for a ride. Go to a place you’ve never been before, or ride without any particular destination in mind. Relax and take in some scenery. Perhaps you could also use a type of transportation you’ve never tried before. Some modes of transportation you could use today include:
Car, truck, van, or bus
Motorcycle or scooter
Hot air balloon
Maybe Ferris wheels and roller coasters are more to your liking. If so, you could spend your day going on rides at an amusement park. If you don’t feel like going for a ride today, you could always do it vicariously by watching a road movie. You could also spend the day listening to songs with “ride” in the title.
These events do not currently have a sponsor. If you’d like to increase visibility for these events while gaining exposure for yourself or your brand, you can learn more here!
Every day we look for the best in Positive News so that you might have a great start on your day. Thank you for taking the time to read, share, and support our mission.
“Forgive yourself for your faults and your mistakes and move on.” Les “Don’t let someone who gave up on their dreams talk you out of going after yours.” Zig Ziglar
- Undefeated: Deaf football team brings triumph and pride to California community
- How one woman is helping feed students in her community
- –Alaska’s first electric-powered school bus is performing well – even at 40 below
- Family celebrates great-grandmother’s 101st birthday with ‘101 Dalmatians’ parade
- Wichita State University basketball star goes viral after helping clean arena following game
- Colombian Couple Living In Boston Asks For Thanksgiving Invites, Hundreds Of Neighbors Respond
- How the Mind Can Be ‘Trained Like a Muscle’ to Focus – Through A Simple Change of Outlook
- The Best Way to Eliminate Procrastination is Easier Than You Think, Says New Research
- ‘Healthy Food’ Isn’t Healthy for All: Learn Valuable Info About Your Gut Microbiome With a Home Test Kit
- Want more great, positive news?
Positive News For You, LLC is registered in New Hampshire. We have a “sister” nonprofit, PN4UINC, that promotes positivity, educates on a more positive lifestyle and helps with the promotion of positive writers.