Positive News Stories to start your day!
Today is Business of Popping Corn Day!
In the nineteenth century, most people made popcorn by holding long-handled wire boxes filled with kernels over fires. This was effective for home consumption, but something else was needed to make popcorn commercially. The problem was solved by Charles Cretors, who built the first commercial popcorn machine. He founded C. Cretors & Company on today’s date in 1885, and his machines soon made it practical for people to get into the business of popping corn.
How to Observe Business of Popping Corn Day
Here are a few popcorn-related ideas to get you celebrating the day:
~Eat some popcorn made in a commercial machine. Making it in the microwave or with an air popper will not do—you should eat it from a machine similar to Cretors, if not from a Cretors machine itself.
~ Buy yourself a popcorn machine. If you have a little extra money to spend you could buy a Cretors popper, and if you really want to spend big, you could make sure it is vintage.
~ Visit the Wyandot Popcorn Museum, which has some of the early Cretors machines, or visit the J.H. Fentress Antique Popcorn Museum.
~ View some Cretors popcorn machines from over the years online, or read more about the company. Whenever looking at Cretors machines, make sure to try to spot the Toasty Roasty Man.
~ Visit the building that once housed the Cretors factory.
These events do not currently have a sponsor. If you’d like to increase visibility for these events while gaining exposure for yourself or your brand, you can learn more here!
You can make a difference.
Every day we look for the best in Positive News so that you might have a great start on your day. Thank you for taking the time to read, share, and support our mission.
“People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built.” Eleanor Roosevelt
- The Chicago Tool Library Is Growing So Fast It’s Run Out Of Space For Donations
- Blind Hockey Goalie Invited to Play on Sighted Team: ‘An Incredible Experience!’
- –North Carolina family thankful after father’s artificial heart replaced with donor heart
- Library book returned after 110 years in Idaho
- Researchers Develop Award-Winning App To Help Farmers Understand Emotional Wellbeing Of Their Animals
- Youth Hailed for Providing Renewable Energy to 10,000 People Without Using Battery, Wind, Sun, or Water
- Artist’s joke to his friends garners $600k
- Want more great, positive news?
Positive News For You, LLC is registered in New Hampshire. We have a “sister” nonprofit, PN4UINC, that promotes positivity, educates on a more positive lifestyle and helps with the promotion of positive writers.