Positive News Stories to start your day! (Do something nice!)
Today Is Do Something Nice Day!
Yesterday you may have celebrated International Toot Your Own Flute Day, where you spent the day being selfish and thinking only about yourself. Today is a day to be selfless and think about others. Not only should you think about them, but you should put your thoughts into actions by doing something nice for them. Whatever you do should be done not because it will evoke a positive response from someone else, but because your are doing it from your heart. So often we go through our days in a hurry and don’t think about the effect on someone else that stopping and pausing to do something nice will have. Today is a day to set a foundation of kindness that hopefully will stay long after this day has passed.
How to Observe Do Something Nice Day
There are many ways to celebrate Do Something Nice Day. Here are a few ideas:
- Compliment someone.
- Take the time to listen to someone.
- Buy someone a coffee or dinner.
- Mow someone’s lawn or rake their leaves.
- Buy someone flowers.
- Simply smile and say hello to people you meet.
- Share something of yours with someone else.
- Cook someone a meal.
- Ask someone if they need help.
- Send someone a letter.
- Hold the door for someone.
SponsorThese events do not currently have a sponsor. If you’d like to increase visibility for these events while gaining exposure for yourself or your brand, you can learn more here!
Share your good deeds and inspire others to do the same! Join the global movement of doing good!
Every day we look for the best in Positive News so that you might have a great start on your day. Thank you for taking the time to read, share, and support our mission. Some of us think holding on makes us strong, but sometimes it is letting go. Hermann Hesse
- Bystanders carry 97-year-old woman out of burning home on chair
- Michigan McDonald’s manager’s quick thinking saved man in diabetic shock: ‘I know what to do’
- –This charity eliminates the middleman – cutting waste and expenses
- Police Officers Buy Kid A New Bike, Dunkin’ Rewards Them With Tickets To Big Game
- When prison doors swing open, these mentors open their arms
- PANDEMIC RAMBLINGS-EAST COAST TOUR By Zoe Fortenberry
- Russell Stover Was Born Here!
- 4 Bad Spending Habits You Need to Break Today By Rachel Cruze
- Dealing with Disappointment By Dr. John Delony
- 3 Ways to Survive the Real Estate Gold Rush By George Kamel
- Dave Says-The Zero-Based Budget
Positive News For You, LLC is registered in New Hampshire. We have a “sister” nonprofit, PN4UINC, that promotes positivity, educates on a more positive lifestyle and helps with the promotion of positive writers.
How you can help?
- We are always on the lookout for sponsors and advertisers for this PAGE.
- Send us great positive stories, videos, and photos. (Go to the SUBMIT button at the top.)
- And you can make a donation to our 501(c)3 and write in WRITERS in the checkout. We put a percentage towards our local homeless shelter. The balance helps with other lifestyle-related events and content.
- Or you can buy our merchandise.
- We are looking for writers for all things “local”! (Think Roving Reporters and Town Criers! ?)