Today is… Marooned Without a Compass Day
Marooned Without a Compass Day can be interpreted a few ways, but is dedicated to being lost or stuck somewhere without a compass. The day can be looked at as a challenge, where people purposely get lost and try to find their way back to civilization without a compass. The day can also be looked at as a day to get out into the wilderness and unplug from technology and just relax.
Dillon (12) spent 20 hours reading books for charity. After seeing an ad for a charity on tv, Dillon was spurred into doing something to help children less fortunate than himself. “He said, ‘I’m going to read as many books as I can & raise money for poor children’,” recalls mum Genie McCabe-Schmidt.
AND THE LATEST FROM JESS-
Positive News For You, LLC is registered in New Hampshire. We have a “sister” nonprofit, PN4UINC, that promotes positivity, educates on a more positive lifestyle and helps with the promotion of positive writers.
How you can help?
- We are always on the lookout for sponsors and advertisers for this PAGE.
- Send us great positive stories, videos, and photos. (Go to the SUBMIT button at the top.)
- And you can make a donation to our 501(c)3 and write in WRITERS in the checkout. We put a percentage towards our local homeless shelter. The balance helps with other lifestyle-related events and content.
- Or you can buy our merchandise.
- We are looking for writers for all things “local”! (Think Roving Reporters and Town Criers! )