Positive News Stories to start your day!
Today is…Donald Duck Day
Donald Duck’s first appearance on screen was in the animated short film “The Wise Hen”, on June 9, 1934. Although Donald’s birthday is said to be on March 13th in the 1949 short film “Donald’s Happy Birthday”, Disney later decided that Donald’s official birthday is June 9th, the day he first appeared in film. Thus, June 9th is Donald Duck Day. The character Donald Duck came about after Walt Disney heard Clarence Nash reciting “Mary Had a Little Lamb” in his “duck” voice, and Nash went on to voice Donald until 1984. Tony Anselmo started voicing Donald in 1985, and is still Donald’s voice as of 2017. Donald’s full name is Donald Fauntleroy Duck, and he is known for his sometimes temperamental personality, and is many times associated with his nephews Huey, Louie, and Dewey, and his girlfriend Daisy.
These events do not currently have a sponsor. If you’d like to increase visibility for these events while gaining exposure for yourself or your brand, you can learn more here!
Every day we look for the best in Positive News so that you might have a great start on your day. Thank you for taking the time to read, share and support our mission.“
The greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.”Thomas A. Edison
Positive News For You, LLC is registered in New Hampshire. We have a “sister” nonprofit, PN4UINC, that promotes positivity, educates on a more positive lifestyle and helps with the promotion of positive writers.
How you can help?
- We are always on the lookout for sponsors and advertisers for this PAGE.
- Send us great positive stories, videos, and photos. (Go to the SUBMIT button at the top.)
- And you can make a donation to our 501(c)3 and write in WRITERS in the checkout. We put a percentage towards our local homeless shelter. The balance helps with other lifestyle-related events and content.
- Or you can buy our merchandise.
- We are looking for writers for all things “local”! (Think Roving Reporters and Town Criers! )
Thank these advertisers for their support of Positive News For You, by letting them know you appreciate them. (And spending money with them doesn’t hurt either!)