National Day of Service and Remembrance
National Day of Service and Remembrance is the largest annual day of charitable service in the United States, when 30 million Americans participate. It was founded by the nonprofit MyGoodDeed in 2002, and its mission “is to transform 9/11 into a day of unity, empathy and service as an enduring and positive tribute to those lost and injured on 9/11, and the many who rose in service in response to the attacks, including first responders, recovery workers, volunteers and members of our military.” The day was formally recognized by federal law by the passage of the Edward M. Kennedy Serve America Act, which passed in 2009. Beginning in 2009, President Obama’s proclamation for Patriot Day also included a proclamation for National Day of Service and Remembrance Day.
Positive News For You, LLC is registered in New Hampshire. We have a “sister” nonprofit, PN4UINC, that promotes positivity, educates on a more positive lifestyle and helps with the promotion of positive writers.
How you can help?
- We are always on the lookout for sponsors and advertisers for this PAGE.
- Send us great positive stories, videos, and photos. (Go to the SUBMIT button at the top.)
- And you can make a donation to our 501(c)3 and write in WRITERS in the checkout. We put a percentage towards our local homeless shelter. The balance helps with other lifestyle-related events and content.
- Or you can buy our merchandise.
- We are looking for writers for all things “local”! (Think Roving Reporters and Town Criers! )