Today is… Give Up Your Shoulds Day
Give Up Your Shoulds Day is a day to give up thinking about something you “should” do. So often we spend so much time thinking about the things we “should” do—things such as exercising, eating healthier, making more money, being more organized—that we become overly stressed, and feel guilty and sad. We will feel better if we give up thinking about at least one thing we “should” do. Maybe if we do this today, we can do it on future days as well. The key is to get rid of the thought. For example, if we think we “should” go to the gym, maybe we still will go—or maybe we won’t—but the key is to get rid of the thought that is burdening us. No matter if you do something or not, getting rid of the thought in our mind that we should do it will ease our minds. The day was created by Damon L. Jacobs, a licensed therapist and author.
- California firefighters deliver baby after responding to 911 call
- Teacher Giving Zoom Class Notices Grandparent Slurring Her Words, and Ends Up Saving Her From Stroke
- Study Says Combining a Daily Protein Shake With Exercise Doesn’t Just Make You Stronger, It Makes You Smarter Too
Positive News For You, LLC is registered in New Hampshire. We have a “sister” nonprofit, PN4UINC, that promotes positivity, educates on a more positive lifestyle and helps with the promotion of positive writers.
How you can help?
- We are always on the lookout for sponsors and advertisers for this PAGE.
- Send us great positive stories, videos, and photos. (Go to the SUBMIT button at the top.)
- And you can make a donation to our 501(c)3 and write in WRITERS in the checkout. We put a percentage towards our local homeless shelter. The balance helps with other lifestyle-related events and content.
- Or you can buy our merchandise.
- We are looking for writers for all things “local”! (Think Roving Reporters and Town Criers! )