It’s good to remember.
Today is National Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day.
How to Observe National Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day
The day should be spent remembering and showing honor for those who lost their lives at Pearl Harbor. The following are some ideas on how to observe the day:
- Attend the National Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day Commemoration Ceremony, which takes place outside of the Pearl Harbor Visitor Center at the Pearl Harbor National Memorial. If you are unable to attend, you can view its live broadcast online. Other events are also held at Pearl Harbor on today’s anniversary.
- Visit the Pearl Harbor National Memorial. This site is home to the USS Arizona Memorial. Dedicated on Memorial Day in 1962, the ship’s memorial is located over the sunken battleship. It is open to the public and can be reached by taking a free boat tour from the Pearl Harbor Visitor Center. The USS Oklahoma Memorial and the USS Utah Memorial are also part of the Pearl Harbor National Memorial. (Note: the USS Utah Memorial, located on the west side of Ford Island, may only be visited by those with military IDs who drive themselves to it.)
- Watch videos from the Pearl Harbor National Memorial and view photos from National Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day commemoration events.
- Visit the Pearl Harbor Aviation Museum.
- Watch President Franklin Roosevelt’s December 8, 1941, address to Congress.
- Visit the USS Bowfin Submarine Museum and Park. Located at Pearl Harbor, it is dedicated to a ship that sank 44 ships during World War II.
- Visit the USS Missouri Memorial. World War II ended with Japan’s surrender on board the USS Missouri. The ship is now located at Pearl Harbor and is a memorial.
- Fly a flag at half-staff.
- Visit The National World War II Museum in New Orleans.
- Watch a documentary about Pearl Harbor.
- Watch a film about Pearl Harbor.
- Read a book about Pearl Harbor.
Your daily thought!
“The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible.”Arthur C. Clarke
Today’s Positive News Headlines!
Positive News For You, LLC is registered in New Hampshire. We have a “sister” nonprofit, PN4UINC, that promotes positivity, educates on a more positive lifestyle and helps with the promotion of positive writers.
Be the change you want to see in the world.
Is your business in our directory? If not, why not?
Ad Ted Mann-Musician
Helping bring positivity to the world; one person, one community at a time.
Ad Guyer & Son Roofing, Marlborough, NH – Full Service Roofing
High-Quality Roofing With Over 40 Years Experience