Today is…International Kissing Day
There are many types of kisses—they are practiced on different occasions and have various meanings. There are passionate kisses between lovers, a person’s first kiss, the kiss between a child and their parents or grandparents, and a kiss on the cheek or hand as a greeting or to say goodbye. There are even kissing competitions—as of 2018 the longest kiss has lasted over 58 hours. Kisses are an important part of social bonding and are celebrated today. The day appears to have started in the United Kingdom in 2006, and is now observed worldwide. While its main focus is on celebrating kisses between lovers, all types of kisses may be celebrated.
How you can help?
- We are always on the lookout for sponsors and advertisers for this PAGE.
- Send us great positive stories, videos, and photos. (Go to the SUBMIT button at the top.)
- And you can make a donation to our 501(c)3 and write in WRITERS in the checkout. We put a percentage towards our local homeless shelter. The balance helps with other lifestyle-related events and content.
- Or you can buy our merchandise.
- We are looking for writers for all things “local”! (Think Roving Reporters and Town Criers! )