Positive News Stories to start your day!
Today is… Hug a Drummer Day
Hug a Drummer Day is day to celebrate drummers, a group of percussionists who keep the rhythm and beat of music, but are usually the least celebrated musicians in a band, and are often neglected. The day was created to bring a little appreciation and exposure to drummers. It was started in 2013 by Glen and others from Drumming.Co, and is supported by various drum companies. There are many types of drums. Historically, drummers have had a role in military conflicts, accompanying troops into battle, while keeping a marching pace and raising troop morale. Drumlines descended from military drummers and now exist on their own or as an accompaniment to marching bands. Most modern western groups that play rock and roll, blues, jazz, pop, and other genres usually have a drummer with a drum kit—or drum set—who keeps the time and embellishes the music. In many countries around the world, traditional music is accompanied with various sizes of drums that are often played with the hands instead of drumsticks. In some large group ensembles and bands, drummers may be part of a rhythm section that plays various percussion instruments.
These events do not currently have a sponsor. If you’d like to increase visibility for these events while gaining exposure for yourself or your brand, you can learn more here!
Every day we look for the best in Positive News so that you might have a great start on your day. Thank you for taking the time to read, share, and support our mission.
“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.”Will Rogers
How you can help?
- We are always on the lookout for sponsors and advertisers for this PAGE.
- Send us great positive stories, videos, and photos. (Go to the SUBMIT button at the top.)
- And you can make a donation to our 501(c)3 and write in WRITERS in the checkout. We put a percentage towards our local homeless shelter. The balance helps with other lifestyle-related events and content.
- Or you can buy our merchandise.
- We are looking for writers for all things “local”! (Think Roving Reporters and Town Criers! )
Thank these advertisers for their support of Positive News For You, by letting them know you appreciate them. (And spending money with them doesn’t hurt either!)