The Great American Campout was started in 2005 by the National Wildlife Federation and was originally known as the Great American Backyard Campout. In an effort to expand the types of camping that were included, the name was changed in 2015. The goal is to get as many people to camp outside on the day, and throughout the summer. June is Great Outdoors Month too, so there is another excuse to get outside!
How you can help?
- We are always on the lookout for sponsors and advertisers for this PAGE.
- Send us great positive stories, videos, and photos. (Go to the SUBMIT button at the top.)
- And you can make a donation to our 501(c)3 and write in WRITERS in the checkout. We put a percentage towards our local homeless shelter. The balance helps with other lifestyle-related events and content.
- Or you can buy our merchandise.
- We are looking for writers for all things “local”! (Think Roving Reporters and Town Criers! )