Today is…Weed Your Garden Day
Weeds can inhibit garden plants from growing, as they compete with them for sunlight, nutrients, and water. A weed can be defined as anything that wasn’t purposely planted but began growing anyway. A weed may be an edible or medicinal plant, and may even be a flower. Weeding should be done on a daily basis, but on Weed Your Garden Day, an extra five to ten minutes of weeding should be done. Not only will your plants be a little happier, but you will get some exercise as well.
How you can help?
- We are always on the lookout for sponsors and advertisers for this PAGE.
- Send us great positive stories, videos, and photos. (Go to the SUBMIT button at the top.)
- And you can make a donation to our 501(c)3 and write in WRITERS in the checkout. We put a percentage towards our local homeless shelter. The balance helps with other lifestyle-related events and content.
- Or you can buy our merchandise.
- We are looking for writers for all things “local”! (Think Roving Reporters and Town Criers! )