Positive News Stories to start your day!
Today is…Great American Grump Out
The Great American Grump Out is a day to focus on humor and positive behaviors, in an effort to lighten up the mood and ward off grumpiness, crabbiness, and rudeness for 24 hours. The day was started in 2002 by Janice A Hathy, an author and speaker who has presented stress reduction programs and has focused on improving mental, physical, and emotional health through her company Smile Mania.
The day is for replacing stress with smiling and laughing. Allowing negative attitudes to overwhelm oneself leads to stress, which leads to grumpiness. Stress can also be bad for health, raising blood pressure and suppressing the immune system. With the Great American Grump Out, steps can be made to not only be less grumpy but to improve overall health.
Every day we look for the best in Positive News so that you might have a great start on your day. Thank you for taking the time to read, share and support our mission.“
“You don’t learn to walk by following rules. You learn by doing, and by falling over.”Richard Branson
Positive News For You, LLC is registered in New Hampshire. We have a “sister” nonprofit, PN4UINC, that promotes positivity, educates on a more positive lifestyle and helps with the promotion of positive writers.
How you can help?
- We are always on the lookout for sponsors and advertisers for this PAGE.
- Send us great positive stories, videos, and photos. (Go to the SUBMIT button at the top.)
- And you can make a donation to our 501(c)3 and write in WRITERS in the checkout. We put a percentage towards our local homeless shelter. The balance helps with other lifestyle-related events and content.
- Or you can buy our merchandise.
- We are looking for writers for all things “local”! (Think Roving Reporters and Town Criers! )
Thank these advertisers for their support of Positive News For You, by letting them know you appreciate them. (And spending money with them doesn’t hurt either!)