Today is…National Stress Awareness Day
Stress can be defined as a physical response of the body to changes, during which chemicals are released into the blood. There are so many reasons people become stressed, such as issues with finances, relationships, or work, or a sudden traumatic event. Some stress, positive stress, is good, as it can push us forward. But negative stress—if it is extreme or constant—can do both physical and mental damage to the body. There are many warning signs and damaging effects of stress, such as anxiety, depression, dizziness, dry mouth, headaches, an upset stomach, diarrhea and constipation, a weak immune system, back pain, a stiff neck and other tight muscles, fatigue, insomnia, weight gain or loss, expanded difficulties with relationships or at work, high blood pressure, and even heart disease.
How you can help?
- We are always on the lookout for sponsors and advertisers for this PAGE.
- Send us great positive stories, videos, and photos. (Go to the SUBMIT button at the top.)
- And you can make a donation to our 501(c)3 and write in WRITERS in the checkout. We put a percentage towards our local homeless shelter. The balance helps with other lifestyle-related events and content.
- Or you can buy our merchandise.
- We are looking for writers for all things “local”! (Think Roving Reporters and Town Criers! )