Positive News Stories to start your day! (It’s My Party!)
Today Is National It’s My Party Day
“It’s my party and I’ll cry if I want to Cry if I want to, Cry if I want to You would cry too, if it happened to you”
It is unknown how National It’s My Party Day got its start or who created it, but the holiday most likely has something to do with the song “It’s My Party,” which was popularized by Lesley Gore. The opening line to the song has become a part of American culture, and the song is still commonly heard. The day is meant to be used to throw a party, and to listen to the song, of course.
How to Observe National It’s My Party Day
The day is best spent hosting a party. The usual activities of grilling out, having a few drinks, or ordering a pizza—such as sausage, since it’s also Sausage Pizza Day—could be done, but making sure that Lesley Gore’s “It’s My Party” is playing from your speakers is the most important part. Perhaps you could even have everyone look at the lyrics and have a sing-along. Gore’s sequel to the song, “Judy’s Turn to Cry,” could also be played, as could some of her other popular songs, such as “You Don’t Own Me.” You could also liven your party with versions by the Chiffons, Helen Shapiro, or Dave Stewart and Barbara Gaskin. If you’d rather have a movie party, you could watch the T.A.M.I. Show, which features Lesley Gore singing “It’s My Party” as well as many of her other songs.
These events do not currently have a sponsor. If you’d like to increase visibility for these events while gaining exposure for yourself or your brand, you can learn more here!
Share your good deeds and inspire others to do the same! Join the global movement of doing good!
Every day we look for the best in Positive News so that you might have a great start on your day. Thank you for taking the time to read, share, and support our mission.
Opportunities to find our deeper powers come when life seems most challenging. Joseph Campbell
- Jeff Bezos Ex-Wife Mackenzie Scott donates 1.7 Billion to HBCU’s, 2.7 Billion to Charities and Covid Relief
- At this Fort Worth lunch spot, customers pay what they can and everyone gets fed – Taste Community Restaurant: Nearly 100,000 meals served
- –Homecoming Queen gives crown to grieving teen in homecoming court, sets example of kindness
- Young Singer Turns Himself Into One-Man Choir by Recording Himself Performing 20 Voices – All to Turn People On To Classical Music
- Michigan police help elderly man set up new TV after pulling him over for speeding: ‘Outstanding job’
- PANDEMIC RAMBLINGS-EAST COAST TOUR By Zoe Fortenberry
- Dave Says-Hope Is A Good Thing
- Going In Style with Ken Coleman
- Eyegores Odditorium & Monster Museum by Sharon Black
- Ft. Larned is 150 Years Old by Sharon Black
- 4 Bad Spending Habits You Need to Break Today By Rachel Cruze
- Dealing with Disappointment By Dr. John Delony
- Have You Heard of These 3 Businesswomen in History? By Christy WrightHave You Heard of These 3 Businesswomen in History? By Christy Wright
- 3 Ways to Survive the Real Estate Gold Rush By George Kamel
Positive News For You, LLC is registered in New Hampshire. We have a “sister” nonprofit, PN4UINC, that promotes positivity, educates on a more positive lifestyle and helps with the promotion of positive writers.
How you can help?
- We are always on the lookout for sponsors and advertisers for this PAGE.
- Send us great positive stories, videos, and photos. (Go to the SUBMIT button at the top.)
- And you can make a donation to our 501(c)3 and write in WRITERS in the checkout. We put a percentage towards our local homeless shelter. The balance helps with other lifestyle-related events and content.
- Or you can buy our merchandise.
- We are looking for writers for all things “local”! (Think Roving Reporters and Town Criers! ?)