€œIt is not uncommon for people to spend their whole life waiting to start living.€ Eckhart Tolle
Today is For Pete’s Sake Day…
The creators of For Pete’s Sake Day, Thomas and Ruth Roy of Wellcat Holidays, only described the day by saying, “A world wonders: after all these years, who is Pete and why do we do or not do things for his sake?”
What was your favorite part???
Let’s Talk PINK
You want to visit our special program originated from Positive News For You, to help Breast Cancer Survivors. To find out more visit our merchandise page.
Do you know someone who could use a card or two?
Do you know someone like that? A birthday? A holiday? Let me know and let’s get an article out there to bless them!
Send A Bear
We are starting a new program for folks who would like to send a bear with a handwritten card to that special someone sitting in a hospital or ill at home. Connect with us.
- Iowa farmers use organic crops to get greater profits
- Superagers’ youthful brains offer clues to keeping sharp
- Man Leaves Jail To Find No One Will Hire Him So He Starts Business And John Legend Lends A Hand
- Former slave escaped to US, went on to compete twice in the Olympics, joins Air Force to give back
- From €˜barely surviving’ to thriving: Ontario basic income recipients report less stress, better health. The three-year pilot project, which began last summer, is testing whether no-strings-attached cash support can boost health, education and housing for people living in poverty.
- Baby Born With Heart Outside of Her Chest is Thriving After Surgery
- California sets wind+solar record, 38% of US electricity from rooftops, polysilicon efficiency up, more
- The Golden State Warriors’ Kevin Durant is committing $10 million to a program that will help disadvantaged youth in his hometown go to college
- Watch €˜One in a Million’ Yellow Cardinal Visit Feeder in Alabama Backyard
- Man saved from hypothermia by police thermal-imaging drone
- Silent disco fever spreads through aged care centres and helps treat dementia
- High-Protein Diets May Protect Brain From Alzheimer’s
- From one disappointed Olympian to another: ‘You’re not just one thing’
- Most people retire at 67. Good thing Wisdom is no mere human. The albatross is the world’s oldest known breeding bird in the wild. And on Feb. 6, at 67 years young, she became a mother again.
- Microsoft joins calls for a ‘national cybersecurity agency’
- Media should focus on positive news stories: Letters to the editor
- Symbolic lei with a message of aloha for victims of Florida shooting: Dozens of students and teachers gathered at the State Capitol for the Lei of Aloha for World Peace Saturday morning. The ceremony was a way to pay tribute to the 17 victims tragically killed in Parkland, Florida on February 14.
- Using stories and song to dispel the stigma of mental illness
- A €˜Black Panther’ moment
- High school basketball team saves family from house fire
- 10-year-old ‘Little Miss Flint’ helped hundreds of underprivileged kids see ‘Black Panther’ over the weekend
- Couple Shipwrecked Overnight Rescued After Writing ‘HELP’ in the Sand
- A brave 11-year-old inspires Stanford’s basketball players
- Woman Trying to Save Kitten Stuck in Tree Also Gets Stuck, Both Rescued by Fire Brigade
- McDonald’s is Finally Ditching One of the Worst Offenders of the Environment
- Ellen Donates $50,000 to Florida Shooting Survivors
- Time to be kind: Stoddard students show generosity to one another
- Japan to pay travel costs for nuclear attack €˜storytellers’
- 4-Year-Old ‘Real Life Superhero’ Saves His Twin Brothers by Donating His Bone Marrow
- Dogs separated at adoption randomly find each other at crowded market
- Kansas teacher who buries treasure in every desk
- Kitten with 4 Ears and One Eye Rescued From Under a House, Finds Someone He Loves.
- Woman thanks her three-legged dog for saving her from suicide
- Stranded U.S. sailors help out at Montreal mission
- Plainville girl on quest to visit all 351 Massachusetts police departments
- Scientists Create World’s First Zero-Emission Solar Fuel Reactor That Works at Night
- Woman pulls dog out of icy waters in dramatic footage
- Scientists Have Found an €˜Off Switch’ For Celiac’s Disease
- Girl gives teacher her 75 cents in ice cream money to help with family funeral
- Grandfather Can’t Stop Laughing When He Finally Discovers the Hiding Place of His Missing Phone
- Student goes on emotional journey to find birth family
- To Ministers, Churches & Church Leaders
- Let’s Talk PINK-Our Program To Help Those With Breast Cancer
- Looking For Volunteers & Help At Positive News For You
- Bear Project Challenges
- Where does our heart connect?
- Have you seen these shirts???
- Want to Advertise with Us?
Have you read our article on this project?
Give $5? (If you would like to give more, click on the donation button to the right. Or just change the number of items. Depending on the donation amount, I do have some gifts.)
[wp_cart_button name=”Donation of $5″ price=”5″]
Buy A Bear For A Child-Your purchase will go to a child.
[wp_cart_button name=”A Bear For A Child” price=”15″]
- Books from author Lee Johndrow
- Food & Recipes
- Home & Garden
- Lifestyles €“ Great Ideas and Help
- Lee’s Corner–Why the bears? Here’s your answer!
[contact-form to=”email@example.com” subject=”February 26″][contact-field label=”Name” type=”name” required=”1″][contact-field label=”Email” type=”email” required=”1″][contact-fiel4 label=”Website” type=”url”][contact-field label=”Message” type=”textarea”][/contact-form]