€œIf you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done.€ Bruce Lee
Today is Hug a GI Day
My dad was a disabled veteran. He never recovered emotionally or mentally from his time in combat. Just the other day I stood with another veteran. There was construction going on nearby. He finally said to me, “it sounds like artillery. I have to go.”
Many of my friends have served and I want to honor them today. If you want to make a purchase for a veteran or an active duty service man or woman, send me a note that I can publish in their name and I will give you 30% off any one item. (I am going to post all of them.)
(For example, this would be mine- “Dear Dad-Thank you for your service. I love you. Your son!”)
Let’s Talk PINK
You want to visit our special program originated from Positive News For You, to help Breast Cancer Survivors. To find out more visit our merchandise page.
Do you know someone who could use a card or two?
Do you know someone like that? A birthday? A holiday? Let me know and let’s get an article out there to bless them!
Send A Bear
We are starting a new program for folks who would like to send a bear with a handwritten card to that special someone sitting in a hospital or ill at home. Connect with us.
- First-graders practice literacy by reading to dogs
- 31 oil refinery workers strike gold with $60M lottery win
- Woman Surprises Son She Hasn’t Seen in 16 Years by Disguising Herself as a Present
- Off-Duty Firefighter Rescues Woman From Burning Car
- Pizza joint serving kids by night, card-shark seniors by day
- €˜I couldn’t look them in the eye’: Farmer who couldn’t slaughter his cows is turning his farm vegan
- Philando Castile fund pays off entire St. Paul schools lunch debt
- This Couple Found a Math Error in the Lottery and Made $27 Million (Playing Over and Over for 55 Weeks)
- Bad U.S. Flu Season Has Passed Its Peak, Health Officials Say
- Couple’s dream trip sinks with their sailboat that stranger replaces for $1
- Family’s dog turns up 10 years after vanishing from home
- Stena Lines save the Bateman Wedding from cancellation due to the Beast from the East
- JOSÃ‰ ANDRÃ‰S NAMED 2018 HUMANITARIAN OF THE YEAR
- This Toronto woman was hit by a bus last spring. They called for a body bag. Today she’s a €˜walking miracle’
- What happens when you give a dog a home! Heartwarming before and after photos reveal the incredible transformations of neglected pooches adopted by loving owners
- Woman honoured for saving a life while she was 7-months pregnant
- Watch Giggling Residents of Rome Delight in Rare Snowfall With a Snowball Fight
- ‘Our hero’: New York firefighters to honor Maui boy who lost battle with cancer
- Art for heart’s sake: five projects that use the arts to improve mental health
- You Can Find Your Zen By Looking at the Nearest Dog
- Reinventing wheels: Autonomous vehicles are just around the corner
- FPL powers up four new solar plants
- Texas High School Students Save Family From House Fire: ‘It Was Instinct’
- The Perfect Wine for Doing Your Taxes (or Watching Netflix)
- Chinese students fall in love with Gig Harbor High School
- First sustainable Lego pieces to go on sale
- Have You Ever Seen a Shaolin Monk Pierce a Pane of Glass With a Needle?
- Greggs driver stranded on motorway decides everyone needs a free doughnut
- New Mind-Reading Tech Recreates Images of Your Thoughts
- Puppy saved from garbage truck gets adopted
- Illinois Farm Bureau donates enough money to provide almost 100,000 meals to local food bank
- Swimmer, 99, ‘breaks world record’ in Australia
- Baby chimpanzee co-pilots his own rescue after being saved from poachers
- Meet the little bank that’s helping immigrants achieve big American Dreams
- Woman Reunited with Dog Stolen from Animal Shelter
- Big hearts: Abilene veteran looks to help other veterans dealing with PTSD
- 10-year-old from The Florida Project movie gets full scholarship to Rollins
- Dog Whose Favorite Toy Was Discontinued Gets The Biggest Surprise
- OZZY OSBOURNE AND ZAKK WYLDE AID CANADIAN MAN WHO LOST MUSIC COLLECTION
- ‘DEAD’ HUSBAND COMES BACK TO LIFE IN MORGUE AS WORKER APPLIES HIS FUNERAL MAKEUP
- To Ministers, Churches & Church Leaders
- Let’s Talk PINK-Our Program To Help Those With Breast Cancer
- Looking For Volunteers & Help At Positive News For You
- Bear Project Challenges
- Where does our heart connect?
- Have you seen these shirts???
- Want to Advertise with Us?
Have you read our article on this project?
Give $5? (If you would like to give more, click on the donation button to the right. Or just change the number of items. Depending on the donation amount, I do have some gifts.)
[wp_cart_button name=”Donation of $5″ price=”5″]
Buy A Bear For A Child-Your purchase will go to a child.
[wp_cart_button name=”A Bear For A Child” price=”15″]
- Books from author Lee Johndrow
- Food & Recipes
- Home & Garden
- Lifestyles €“ Great Ideas and Help
- Lee’s Corner–Why the bears? Here’s your answer!
[contact-form to=”email@example.com” subject=”March 4″][contact-field label=”Name” type=”name” required=”1″][contact-field label=”Email” type=”email” required=”1″][contact-fiel4 label=”Website” type=”url”][contact-field label=”Message” type=”textarea”][/contact-form]