Today is Get to Know Your Customers Day
As a local business person, I love local businesses.
Today is a day that businesses work to get to know their customers better. In our digital and big-box-store age, the personal connections that were once made by owners or workers of businesses with their customers are not as frequent or as robust as they once were. Today is meant to turn that around, and to strengthen the relationships between sellers and buyers, and between businesses and their customers. Not only will communities be strengthened, but it is also in the economic interest of businesses to do so. Customers who feel they are known by the places they shop will be more likely to return in the future.
Every day we look for the best in Positive News so that you might have a great start on your day. Thank you for taking the time to read, share and support our mission.
€œA person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.€ Albert Einstein
- At 3, he lost his dad in a drive-by shooting. At 19, he’s mulling Juilliard for opera.
- Nerves of steel’: She calmly landed the Southwest flight, just as you’d expect of a former fighter pilot
- Wake County cat that once walked 12 miles home finds new family
- CAT MET WITH HEARTBREAK AFTER WALKING 12 MILES HOME
- Duke doctors treat Durham infant with rare bladder disorder
- Spencer the Flag-Waving Marathon Dog Is a Good Boy, and a Star
- 10 reasons Yuki Kawauchi, Boston marathon winner, should be your favourite runner
- God saved his life, he says. Now he is giving back, one pot of soup at a time
- Dog owners prevent crime in Rochester
- Capitals owner Ted Leonsis offers seats, plans to meet girl who wanted puck
- Determined cancer survivor completes Boston Marathon after midnight
- Homeless veteran to move into childhood home thanks to help of local volunteers
- Watch Amusing Video of Two Cats Trying to Pass Each Other Atop a Narrow Doorframe
- Local Business Donates $300,000 To City Of Vancouver To Build New Homeless Center
- California Mother Gets Surprise Parade After Completing 140 Days of Chemo
- More Than 60 Volunteers Help A Homeless Veteran Move Into His Childhood Home
- Australia, you have a heart! Disabled man, 33, is inundated with job offers after begging for work at the side of the road while sitting in his wheelchair
- Springfield Thunderbirds help Katrina King, legally blind superfan, see her favorite sport
- Graduation day for the littlest patient; Micro preemie heads home
- This California chef feeds hungry kids in need
- New Zealanders deploy helicopters and thermal imaging to search for lost dogs
- Cool at School: Students helping the homeless through various projects
- Instead of Chopping Down Trees, Man Gets Kids Into School and Saves Environment at the Same Time
- After 399 Rejections, Woman is Saving the Earth With BBQ Chips Made From Bugs
- Mom with rare brain disorder adopts kids who have it, too
- UK’s Largest Coffee Chain is Now Shelling Out Cash to Recycle Everyone’s Cups
- Daughter Jumps into Military Mom’s Arms as She Returns From Deployment
- Disabled Man is Inundated With Job Offers After Holding Sign on the Road Asking For Work
- Scientists Accidentally Create Super Enzyme That Can Devour Plastic Pollution
- Hilarious: A ‘bad’ dog was detained in a cop car after chasing a deer
- Chef has fed thousands of hungry kids in his Calif. backyard
- Senior Olympians push through swimming competition
- After Securing Release of 2 Men From Decades in Prison, Woman Ensures That No One Will Suffer Same Fate
- Mexican 19-year-old develops breast cancer detecting bra
- Plastic-eating enzyme accidentally created by scientists could help solve pollution crisis
- ‘I know they are going to die.’ This foster father takes in only terminally ill children
- What The World’s Most Famous Amateur Can Teach Pro Runners
- JÃ©rÃ´me Hamon: Frenchman gets ‘third face’ in new transplant
- Transformative Gift Will Shape the Future of KEXP’s Service to the Community
- BeyoncÃ© donates $100,000 to historically black colleges in four states
- There’s a giant unicorn island floating off the shore of the Philippines
- Man donates more than 26,000 books to ‘TV64 Books for Kids’
- A man reached out to classmates in need of a kidney. One he barely knew came to his aid.
- REI Announces New Sustainability Standards
- Kendrick Lamar becomes first non-classical or jazz musician to win Pulitzer Prize
- Lost music by Nazis’ prisoners will be performed for the first time
- Researchers find a genetic cause for Alzheimer’s, possible method to reverse it
- Fallen Marine’s dream to build track is completed by his family and high school
- Grandmother Becomes Second Person to Get Donated Kidney After First Dies in Car Accident
- In North Carolina, Hog Waste Is Becoming A Streamlined Fuel Source
- 81-year-old Japanese man leaps into the river to save drowning an 86-year-old woman
- Good Morning, Beautiful Business!
- 911 Calls From the Chronically Ill Dropped By 62% After the City Launched Simple Initiative
- Sky and National Geographic join forces in fight against marine plastic pollution
- 2017 had lowest number of traffic deaths in Pa. records: PennDOT
- Costco’s Hot Dogs Will Probably Never Go Up in Price
- Recycling hope for plastic-hungry enzyme
- 5 Black Non-Profits That Are Making a Difference
- The UK on a path to €˜zero carbon’ economy
- 49ers’ Don Jones escorts teen with Down syndrome to prom
- How a 27-Year-Old Math Whiz (and His Uber Driver) Found a Big Flaw in an IRS Tax Formula
- Desi Linden shows incredible sportsmanship in winning Boston Marathon
- While serving in Iraq, Ozaukee sheriff received a letter from a boy who later became his deputy
- Hawaiian Airlines previews Hawaiian language flights
- A Good Sign: Nashua Men Say Don’t Worry Be Happy
- Diner at Chicago’s Boka Leaves $2,000 Tip on $769 Meal
- Homeless Man Saves An Abandoned Dog! A New Start For Both
- ‘Notes From A Public Typewriter’ Muse On Everything From Cats To Commencement
- Instagram Star Chessie King And The Cybersmile Foundation Team Up On Body Positivity Campaign
- Gorilla Cradles Her Newborn Baby And Gently Kisses Him
- Northshore couple set to wed discovers they were born the same day at the same hospital
- In Historic Move, the Global Shipping Industry is Agreeing to Join Climate Agreement
- Firefighters mow the lawn of veteran after responding to call
- Man Goes Above And Beyond To Help Woman Traveling Alone With Two Screaming Kids
- Yale Offering Its Most Popular Class For Free
- When you buy a shirt you help others…
Love my Aunt Amy!
- Congratulate, Celebrate and Cheer Someone’s Special Day!
- To Ministers, Churches & Church Leaders
- Let’s Talk PINK-Our Program To Help Those With Breast Cancer
- Looking For Volunteers & Help At Positive News For You
- Bear Project Challenges
- Where does our heart connect?
- Have you seen these shirts???
- Want to Advertise with Us?
- Bears to the Rescue
You want to visit our special program originated from Positive News For You, to help Breast Cancer Survivors. To find out more visit our merchandise page.
Do you know someone who could use a card or two?
Do you know someone like that? A birthday? A holiday? Let me know and let’s get an article out there to bless them!
Send A Bear
We are starting a new program for folks who would like to send a bear with a handwritten card to that special someone sitting in a hospital or ill at home. Connect with us.
- Food & Recipes
- Home & Garden
- Lifestyles €“ Great Ideas and Help
- Lee’s Corner–Why the bears? Here’s your answer!
[contact-form to=”firstname.lastname@example.org” subject=”April 19″][contact-field label=”Name” type=”name” required=”1″][contact-field label=”Email” type=”email” required=”1″][contact-fiel4 label=”Website” type=”url”][contact-field label=”Message” type=”textarea”][/contact-form]