National Plan for Vacation Day
National Plan for Vacation Day, created by Project: Time Off of the U.S Travel Association, is a day for people to plan their vacation days for the upcoming year. The holiday is geared to those with paid time off, as less than half of Americans with paid time off plan their vacations for the year ahead with much advance, and over half of people with paid time off don’t use up all their vacation days. In 2017, Americans had 662 million unused vacation days, which accounted for an estimated $236 billion loss to the US economy. According to the creators of the day, more time off will be used if vacations are planned early in the year.
“You cannot start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading the last one.”Michael McMillan
How you can help?
- We are always on the lookout for sponsors and advertisers for this PAGE.
- Send us great positive stories, videos, and photos. (Go to the SUBMIT button at the top.)
- And you can make a donation to our 501(c)3 and write in WRITERS in the checkout. We put a percentage towards our local homeless shelter. The balance helps with other lifestyle-related events and content.
- Or you can buy our merchandise.
- We are looking for writers for all things “local”! (Think Roving Reporters and Town Criers! )