Happy Thursday! A day to be kind and do something kind.
It is National Leave the Office Early Day.
What to do? First, you should focus on improving your productivity and efficiency at work. Avoiding multitasking is one way to do so. Time can also be saved by using email, phone, and video for correspondence instead of attending face-to-face meetings, which often take too long and lack a clear purpose. Taking regular breaks is also important, as they give you time to stretch and to improve your concentration. Heavy lunches should be avoided at work, as they can cause you to become tired, and drain you of your productivity. After you put in a productive day at work, ask for your supervisor’s permission and leave early. Use the extra time volunteering for an organization you care about, exercising, spending time with your family, or enjoying a favorite hobby. You could also use the time to read Laura Stack’s Leave the Office Earlier.
These events do not currently have a sponsor. If you’d like to increase visibility for these events while gaining exposure for yourself or your brand, you can learn more here!
You can make a difference.
Every day we look for the best in Positive News so that you might have a great start on your day. Thank you for taking the time to read, share, and support our mission.
“You can’t start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading the last one.” Zig Ziglar
- A program pairing police with mental health professionals to better handle people in a mental crisis is finding early success in Alexandria, Virginia, according to a report commissioned by the city.
- ‘Operation Lost Souls’ saves 70 missing children, many of them victims of sex trafficking, abuse
- Jetpack rescue: Paramedic flies to the top of a mountain in 3 minutes!
- Inventor of brain injury app wins second Young Innovators prize
- McDonald’s worker in London sings to customers, spreading joy on social media
- Relief For Kids With Peanut Allergy: Immunotherapy Puts 74% Into Remission in Breakthrough Study
- –Utah pets now have a safe place to stay if their owners enter drug, alcohol misuse treatment
- Gene Therapy Successfully Treats Spinal Cord Injuries Without Side Effects
- An army of volunteers, including eight golden retrievers, have come to help Uvalde heal
- Young Adults are Turning to TikTok and Instagram to Learn New Hobbies
Positive News For You, LLC is registered in New Hampshire. We have a “sister” nonprofit, PN4UINC, that promotes positivity, educates on a more positive lifestyle and helps with the promotion of positive writers.