Happy Wednesday! Do you like s’mores?
Today is National S’mores Day!
Likely the most famous campfire snack, s’mores are celebrated today with National S’mores Day. Made of graham crackers, toasted marshmallows, and chocolate bars, what may be considered to be the first official s’mores recipe appeared in Tramping and Trailing with the Girl Scouts in 1927, and is credited to Loretta Scott Crew. Titled “Some More,” the recipe says to toast marshmallows “to a crispy gooey state and then put them inside a graham cracker and chocolate bar sandwich.” It goes on to say “the heat of the marshmallow between the halves of chocolate bar will melt the chocolate a bit.”
How to Observe National S’mores Day
Celebrate by eating s’mores! The best way to make them is with a campfire, but if that’s not an option, you could use a toaster oven, a microwave, or another cooking device. If you are feeling creative, you could make a variation of the treat. You could also check for any companies participating in the day, or stop in Morrissville, North Carolina—or should we say, S’Morrisville—for their yearly celebration of the day.
Your daily thought!
“The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.” Jimmy Johnson
Today’s Positive News Headlines!
Click on a headline and change your day!
- Seattle Mariners adopt dog to save him from euthanasia
- South Dakota boy, 9, signs his home run ball for his grandpa and everyone’s crying happy tears
- Smartphones ‘Can Boost Memory Skills’ by Freeing Up Our Brains to Remember Other Things
- –100-year-old time capsule at Eckert Power Station opened on Friday
- His hometown didn’t have a veterans memorial, so this teen built one himself
- Diabetes Might Be Cured Using Healthy Stool Samples, Say Researchers at UCSD
- Three For Three-Customer Service Makes A Difference
- Three Times Is A Charm When We Are Talking Customer Service
- A Different Kind Of Creditor?- Dave Ramsey
- Selling Stuff Online Is The New Garage Sale By George Kamel
- Want more great, positive news?
Positive News For You, LLC is registered in New Hampshire. We have a “sister” nonprofit, PN4UINC, that promotes positivity, educates on a more positive lifestyle and helps with the promotion of positive writers.
Is your business in our directory? If not, why not?
Ad Ted Mann-Musician
Ad Guyer & Son Roofing, Marlborough, NH – Full Service Roofing
High-Quality Roofing With Over 40 Years Experience