Happy Tuesday! Will you turn off the phone?
Today is National Simplicity Day!
How to Observe Simplicity Day
Celebrate the day by exploring Thoreau’s work and dedicating your day—and possibly future days—to simplicity. Many of Thoreau’s books and essays could be read, but none is more fitting than Walden. If nothing else, read some quotes from the book, of which many are notable. There are many things you could do to make sure your day is filled with simplicity:
- Turn off your phone for the day, and stay off your computer.
- Take a walk through the woods or hike elsewhere.
- Go camping.
- Look up at the stars.
- Pause and observe what is around you.
- Simplify your meals.
- Get rid of things you don’t need, and commit to stop buying things you don’t need.
These events do not currently have a sponsor. If you’d like to increase visibility for these events while gaining exposure for yourself or your brand, you can learn more here!
You can make a difference.
Every day we look for the best in Positive News so that you might have a great start on your day. Thank you for taking the time to read, share, and support our mission.
“Instead of asking, “What do I want from life?”, a more powerful question is, “What does life want from me?” Eckhart Tolle
Your business ad here for as little as $25 per month.
Make the world a better place
- Dire US labor shortage provides opportunity for ex-prisoners
- Abbott says it has reopened Michigan baby formula plant
- Six in 10 Americans Believe They Can Build Generational Wealth in Several Ways, Says New Poll
- -A Blind, Older Dog Is Found Alive In Alaska, 3 Weeks After Wandering Off
- Louisville Zoo welcomes new pygmy hippo, Zemora
- A horse farm in New York City? This one provides therapy to veterans and people with disabilities
- Tennessee sophomore Zakai Zeigler’s family moves into house bought by Vols fans
- Two Paramedics Can’t Stop Laughing During Videotaping for Paramedics Day That Went Viral – WATCH
- The Dogfather Adopts Orphaned Ducklings For The Third Time
- Discover Your New Culinary Journey With Keene Area Restaurants
- Luca Paris Brings Us, “Discover Your New Culinary Journey”
- A Better Capitalism By Elijah Kimball
- Home On The Range Sesquicentennial By Sharon Black
- Celebrating Achievements And Family Times
- Celebrating My Birthday This Year
- The Second New Year: Another Chance To Reach Your Money Goals By George Kamel
- Dad Made The Decision Already
- Out And About (#8), Adventures In Southwest NH By Erik Willis
- Want more great, positive news?
Positive News For You, LLC is registered in New Hampshire. We have a “sister” nonprofit, PN4UINC, that promotes positivity, educates on a more positive lifestyle and helps with the promotion of positive writers.