I had just come home from coffee with one of my boys. Jacob was there at the top of the stairs. With a smile on his face, he showed me his history grade. WOW! “You must be so proud of yourself.” It was great to see the smile and the grade!
He has been studying WWI and WWII and we have had a few conversations about his work. (I love history, so there is a smile on my face as well!)
Add in that his grades have gone up in this learning experience and it is good he has a smile on his face.
Jacob (And I.) has experienced a learning curve of sorts over the last few weeks since he enrolled in online learning. He has been a champion, rolling with the difference between online learning and being “in school.” Theoretically, every day could be pajama day! And I do not see the stress about him facing another day.
In this online class, Jacob cannot ask a teacher by raising his hand, but he sends an email. And it is all classwork with no frills. (We schedule him for a 6-hour day, with an hour lunch in between.)
Each week we review his “pace charts” and move that information over to a weekly calendar which he follows. Each class is online, either in video(s) or print material. Each class has a set of questions or a quiz and it shows us where he is at and what his progress is, in each class.
We have made some changes in the curricula, finding better fits, and learning as we go along.
So, he is getting comfortable (I bought him this little “podium desk” that he can use on the couch, bed, or tabletop, to help and make it more comfortable or “official” as the case may be. ?) with his classes, his teachers, and the program itself.
And it is a comfort to me to see the progress he is making.
I am grateful for this opportunity for Jacob.
(I would love to hear your homeschool stories!)
Tell others about what we do here at Positive News For You.
For folks on the outside:
- Let them know through your “likes, shares, comments and invites”.
- Visit their places of business when you can and let them know you like what they are doing.
- Spend money with them when you can as a tangible “like”.
- Invite others to play. (What business(es) do you want to see playing?
- And for all of us, let’s embrace some of the fun going on.
Additional collaboration, partner, and advertising-sponsor pages.
- Consider Collaborating With Us
- Collaboration At Positive News For You, LLC
- Advertising & You – Begin A Partnership With Us
- Sponsoring And How You Can Help
- Ambassadors Of Positivity And Change
- “I Have A VISION!” To See PN4U Grow, Requires Sales People
- A New Income Stream For Your Organization
- Income Opportunities For Church And Ministries
- Helping Small Businesses At This Time
- Tis The Season For Benevolence
- WIN-WIN-WIN When The River Rises, All The Boats Float
(Find out how to have your company here. Send us a note.) Thank you!
Links to other pages…
- I Could Do That! Let’s Hear You Stand Up And Shout
- Thinking ahead
- PN4U INC. Your Donation Page & Our Nonprofit
- What Is Positive News And What Are Common Factors?
How you can help?
- We are always on the lookout for sponsors and advertisers for this PAGE.
- Send us great positive stories, videos, and photos. (Go to the SUBMIT button at the top.)
- And you can make a donation to our 501(c)3 and write in LEE in the checkout. We put a percentage towards our local homeless shelter. The balance helps with other lifestyle-related events and content.
- Or you can buy our merchandise.
- We are looking for writers for all things “local”! Think Roving Reporters and Town Criers!